Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And Now... Week 4

Week 4.

It could also be referred to as:
-the week that Elise left.
-the week that Dave arrived.
-the week that we said goodbye to Ina.
-the week that I spent two nights in Kuta.
-the week that I used all of my remaining energy and then became sick.
-the week that I said goodbye to my new home.

So, Sunday night...Elise is packed and we jump into a car to head for Kuta. Ina and Blue also follow/take off ahead on the bike. The plan is, spend a last couple of hours with Elise in Kuta, get a cheap place to 'sleep' (aka, leave our stuff while we party) and then...well... party. And that's exactly what happened! It was sad saying goodbye to Elise though, because we had had such a great week and a bit together in Bali. She is one of my closest friends in the world, and I can literally say that now. Being overseas with her was just like...being overseas with my own right leg. Ha. I mean this as a compliment. Having her in my villa and hanging out with her was just easy and felt right. We just have so many new, fantastic memories to share together now. And some pretty awesome photos too...

So I farewelled Elise and took on the role of... third wheel. ;) Not really, Ina and Blue are totally awesome to hang out with. We went to Sky Garden, which is basically the biggest nightclub in Kuta. Sunday nights are 'Ladies Night', so for two hours, drinks were free for Ina and I. Awesome. We also did all you can eat Sushi, which I have to add was the best sushi I've had in a while. After the free drinks were finished, we got a call from Sadam who had finished work early (well... I think it was 2am) and was driving down to join us. Yay... someone to talk to while Ina and Blue were making out. ;) We moved to the bar just out the front of Bounty, and i think another 3 or 4 drinks were consumed. There must have been a few because I was convinced I was the next best thing to Michael Jackson on the dancefloor. And it was music you'd never, ever, EVER catch me dancing to in Adelaide. EVER. But meh, when in Bali right?

By the time Sadam came, we had moved to Apache Bar, which was just a bit further up Jl. Legian. There was a live band playing the usual hits... RHCP, Bob Marley etc etc... The guys were keen to leave, basically because we get to hear this (and to a much better standard mind you) every night at CP. So we move on, back to Bounty. But to the real deal. The pirate ship.

If you've been to Bali before, and you've experienced Kuta to it's fullest, you will not need to be told about the greatness that is Bounty. Yup... I did say pirate ship. It's a two storey nightclub that has firmly been entertaining tourists for many a years now, and it's inside a giant pirate ship. Can I say pirate ship again. It's pretty freaking cool. Inside the main stage, there are podiums and cages for dancing, and lights everywhere. The music is very, FreshFM, but it works. About 85% of the crowd are Bintang Singlet-clad (otherwise referred to as Binglets or, to the extreme, Binaforms) Australians. They are mostly well behaved, besides the guy who decided to pick a fight with a local guy jsut behind me. Lucky Sadam saw it go down and pulled me out the way in time. Might have left Bounty with yet another concussion... but that was a lifetime ago. We won't explain it here. ;)

So...Bounty was a great success as expected. Got pretty hungry around 5am ish and hit up my old favourite... Maccas on Kuta Beach. Wandered back to our shabby little room for a couple of hours of rest, and then got up, had breakfast and made my way to the airport. Dave was officially arriving in Bali this morning, and I was pretty damn excited.

I think I have remembered a lot from this week, and expecting that I could do it all in one post was pretty ambitious. Perhaps I will leave it at this point and do another post of the next few days... Give myself something to look forward to anyway. And I have a day off work tomorrow to live in the past and remember the fun time in Bali... yeh, that sounds like a plan Kate.

All for now then. :)

No comments: