Thursday, December 30, 2010

Selamat Tahun Baru!

or.... Happy New Year!

Since I am working tomorrow and will no doubt need every minute between work and party to get ready, I thought it best to blog in early. I don't really have all that much to talk about, except perhaps a few of the great things that have happened this year.

Let's see... 3 of my closest friends in the world all turned 21, which made me feel old, but was spectacular fun anyway. I have grown even closer to them this year than last and am so excited to get stuck into 2011 with them (Jess and Ali in Bali, and Steph in Melbourne to start with!). Dave and I made it 3 years this October, which also put into perspective the fact that we will be apart for 21 days straight next Feb... something we haven't come close to doing in well, over 3 years. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok, with my visitors and being in a foreign country and all, but I can tell he is getting worried. Chin up love! Two of my other close friends got engaged this year! Again, making me feel old, but I am so thrilled for them! I got to spend majority of the year in a fantastic job at my old primary school with some of the greatest friends/co-workers, and then was given the fantastic opportunity to change into my new job and make amazing friends there as well. I think I've really had some good karma this year...

It's kind of hard to remember all the stuff that's happened this year, hell it still feels like June to me! But I couldn't be happier that this year has flown (for obvious reasons, ahem...). I've taken a huge leap of faith this year by organising this trip. I think all of next year will hang in the balance of whether it goes well or not. And there are still plenty of ways it could go wrong (none of which I will actually write/admit to because i'm too superstitious like that...). But at the end of the day, this is my last probably chance to take an adventure like this. I'll be too busy doing things to make a living. Next year is my last year to do things to tick off those little boxes on my own personal to-do-list. After all that, it'll be about other people too. Which isn't a bad thing, I am just utilising this window of opportunity. Hopefully, I am utilising it well.

I have exactly 32 days until I fly out. So tomorrow night when everybody is celebrating the New Year, I will also be celebrating my one-month mark to departure! Hoorah!

Happy New Year!

No comments: