Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions And Stuff

The end of the year/beginning of a new one always makes people nostalgic and remember the things that have happened over the last 12 months. It also makes people think about the future and what they hope to achieve in the next 12 months. I kind of touched on the last 12 months and a few of my favourite memories of 2010, but I thought I'd write a little more about what I hope to achieve this year. Sorry if it's a bit boring for a post, but my first resolution will hopefully explain why I'm doing this.

Resolution #1: Increase regular bloggings to at least 2 times a week.
They don't have to be long. But I want this blog to be a decent recount of my little adventure, and being that the adventure isn't going to be that long, I figure I'm gonna need to bulk it out. So, if the posts are boring, too bad!

Resolution #2: Learn to play the keyboard. Properly.
I tried when I was in year 4 or something, and gave up because there weren't enough keyboards on stage at the Christmas Concert and I missed out. I was upset, and it took me about 10 years to try again. Last year, I bought a dodgy keyboard from ebay, which was subsequently lost to the flood of my bedroom in 2010. This year, probably on return from Bali, I will buy a decent keyboard and I will spend a decent amount of time learning how to play it well. It's about the only instrument I can feel really comfortable behind, like maybe I could get somewhere with it with enough practice.

Resolution #3: Start respecting my body.
More gym. More healthy eating. Get more sleep and 'stop burning the candles from both ends' according to my parents. Less junk food. Pretty simple, in theory.

Resolution #4: Make the most of my year.
I've mentioned it a few times on here already, but this is my last year as a student, and possibly as a 'recreational' worker. I want to really enjoy my time in Bali, which shouldn't be hard. I also want to really throw myself into my job, but in an enjoyable way. I figure if I can make resolution #3 work, then enjoying work and succeeding at work shouldn't be such a hard task. All I really need is my energy and enthusiasm...

Resolution #5: Maintain relationships with my loved ones.
I felt like a had a decent balance of friends and family in amongst my other commitments and I really hope to keep that up this year. Things have been harder these last two months with my new job and getting used to that, and going overseas for a month will also throw a spanner in the works, but I hope that I can find that balance somehow anyway. I suppose this blog will possibly help for the month I am away.

Those are really my main goals this year. They seem quite simple, pretty straight forward. Hopefully I can keep them all!

No comments: