Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Great Unknown

Two things:

-Visas.
I get why they need to be so complex and difficult, but damn it's hard. Visa on Arrival I can handle, but now that I'm not classed as a tourist, I need to get a different kind of Indonesian visa- the kind that you can't just pay for when you land. I've been trying to contact people here and there but all the consulates and embassies seem to be closed for the new year and holidays still. Still have some time up my sleeve to work this out, thankfully.

- New Phone.
I'm not a phone person. I mean, give me a computer and I good, even other gadgets and I'll be fine, but phones have always been a bit out of my range of tech-savvyness. So, I took the plunge in a big way yesterday when I bought my new iPhone 4. It's pretty amazing, but it's going to take some getting used to for me- a person who swears by a good phone that just sends messages and makes phone calls, nothing more and nothing less. I feel like my world is about to change. Oh, and the lovely man who helped set it up for me unlocked the phone too so I can swap an Indo sim card in for cheap calls while I'm away.

No comments: