Friday, January 21, 2011

List checking...

So here are the details...

Days until I leave: 10
Things left to organise: Nothing really.

I set my Visa application off, and while I'm a bit worried about the timing of it all and getting it approved and back in time, I am also thinking positively. In other words, Mum and I have back up plans in place. :)

Besides waiting to hear about my visa application, it all comes down to the little stuff- making sure I have all the necessary items (hand sanitisers, sunscreen, underwear), packing, organising transport from the airport, talking with my visitors so that they know how much fun they are going to have, collecting important contacts like local police and medical centres, as well as getting those contacts to my family back home. It's all nitty gritty stuff, but it signifies that beautiful, beautiful cherry on top of my organisation-cake.  It was a tough cake to bake, and it took a long time to collect those ingredients and mix them just so. But something tells me it's gonna be a cake I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Too much talk about cake right?

I'm also organising farewells now. As I mentioned earlier, my friends Steph and Matt are heading to Europe roughly the same time as I am in Bali, so we are throwing a joint farewell on the Saturday before I leave. I know it's only a month away, but for my group of friends who are used to seeing each other twice a week... it's going to feel like a long time.

Contemplating starting the "photo" part of this blog very soon, starting with the packing process complete with list of the essentials I am taking. Perhaps one day somebody I have never met will stumble on this blog while planning their trip to Bali and get lots of tips from it. Maybe? ;)

No comments: