Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 10, 11 and 12...

Ok, so as expected I didn't get the chance to blog since the girls arrived in Ubud. It's been crazily hectic with work, and then having too much fun with my friends in the evenings to really get chance to do anything on here.

So I never actually made it to Kuta on the night of the 9th day... It poured pretty heavily for about 5 hours that night and we all decided it was just too much to make my way to Ubud. Plus I was at work from about 10 til 10, so I would have been asleep in a second if I'd sat in a car for more than 10 minutes. So instead, Ina and I got some dinner and went to CP lounge for a few drinks. It wasn't a late night, and it wasn't really a drunk night either. Just a good night :)

The next day I organised for a driver to pick up Jess and Ali from their hotel and I waited in the villa for them to arrive at roughly 1.30pm. I had to be at work in the afternoon to plan Green School lessons, so I basically had enough time to give them the grand tour, insist that they make themselves at home with the very very little supplies I had stocked my kitchen with (literally... kecap manis, some noodles, chewing gum, and bali coffee...). Sorry girls!

Spent the next few hours at work, and then Ina and I decided to have a dinner party again, as a way to introduce our Ubud friend to Jess and Ali. But this time we wouldn't cook, just order out. So Gopal came, Ina, our new German friends Kim and his brother (ooops, I forget his name, I think it starts with an "n") and Dagmara. We drank a bit then headed to...of course... CP.

So it was a usual night there, nothing all that interesting to report except that I always get to meet interesting people everytime I go there. Probably the reason I love it there so much. I've been to a couple of other 'bars' or 'clubs' in Ubud, but this one seems more welcoming.

Anyway, the girls come to CP with Gopal in his fancy car, but getting home was a different story. WIth the help of some of my friends, we all got home on the back of bikes, which was a first time for the girls. I think they enjoyed it, and it is actually a lot more fun that it looks.

Oh, which totally reminds me, I took a five minute break at work that day to try out driving Inas bike. It was...... scary. And funny. But mostly scary. I thought I was going to lose balance and break my leg under this huge bike. But in a short five minutes I managed to improve quite significantly. Not all is lost on me, I hope. Maybe I will try again later. Or another trip... :)

So Day 11 was just as eventful. I had Elise arrive on the morning of day 11, and although I had organised a driver to pick her up I was told that he actually couldn't, so I got up super early and rang a couple of people to see who could help. Finally I reached a driver who picked her up and, well... now she is here! Yay! Elise arrived at the Villa at about 12.30, and now we are one big happy family here! hehehe

Again, I had a couple of hours to give her the tour before scooting off to work. I had my beginners kids class at 3pm to take and it went really well. They are so freaking cute, but they learn really fast. Two lessons on body parts done, and they basically know it all now. Bugger, i was really enjoying singing the  'heads and shoulders knees and toes' song with them. I can still sing it in the shower though I guess :)

Tonight was always planned to be a big night for us though, and I actually never got back home that day. The girls called a driver to take them around Ubud and do some shopping and sightseeing which sounded pretty awesome. And they stocked my kitchen a bit which is even more awesome. :) But tonight at Starfish we were holding a party as a Birthday get together for one of the other teachers, also from Australia called Michelle. She's pretty amazing, a successful sculpter, and with no teaching experience at all, does amazing things with her kids class. Anyway the party was good, but the weather yesterday was the hottest its been here since I landed. The sun was actually shining and we were all sweating it up late into the evening. We drank on, enjoyed the company and then, well.... off to CP.

I know it sounds really monotonous, but we all just have so much fun there. Last night was not going to be an exception, except that we now had four non-drivers to transport from Starfish to CP. It was going to be a problem. We had a couple of friends who could help out, but the combination of drinking, a speedy driver and possibly lack of sleep left Ali feeling a bit unwell so she left early with Ina. Ina too, has gone home early because she has a flight to catch to Java in the morning. She'll be gone for 5 days. :(

It was also my German friend Kims last night in Ubud as he flies home to Germany...well... right now. Bit of a shame, but he was really cool and we played a bit of pool together over a few bintangs.

That brings us to today. We all had a pretty late night last night, or a lot of drinking, so we slept. I mean, we all slept, a lot. I got up at about midday, had a shower... all the boring stuff you do when you are recovering from a late night. Elise, Jess and I then walked to Starfish to get the bag I left there last night. Ali stayed home to watch movies as she was still not feeling too well. We went to Starfish, then walked on  to Arma Kafe. We had freshly squeezed juices and some really tasty Indonesian food. And I had a tasty Pisang Goreng. Yuuuuummmmmm.

We wandered home, had a bit to drink, and now we are just chilling out watching the Social Network. It's been a nice Saturday here in Ubud actually. And I am really loving having a full house. :)

Gonna have to get ready to go out soon, it's almost 8 which means dinner time soon... and probably CP. hehehehe

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pisang Goreng! As you know it's my favourite. I wish I was there eating one right now with you ;). Hope you have a lovely dinner and a fun night. It was good talking with you on Skype tonight. Miss and love you.
Mum xo