Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day Two

So, Since my last blog I had dinner with Dagmara, Ina and Carla at a place called Kafe Ige...something. Damn, I was sure I'd remember but now I can't. It was on the east end of Jalan Raya though. It was really tasty, I ordered nasi goreng cap cay! Yum! Dagmara organised to pick me up in the morning and I was so tired from the flight/early morning/being in a new country that she took me home at about 10.30 or 11 and I  slept like a log! Such a good bed to sleep in though...ahhhh...

Anyway, this blog will have to be short for now because Dagmara is coming to pick me up in exactly 11 minutes.

I have spent about 80% of my time here with Dagmara, she is so amazing and kind. She picked me up bright and early this morning on the bike and drove us to Green School. Such an amazing school to experience on my second day! I would explain more now but, time is an issue, so I definitely encourage you to check out the website at www.greenschool.org. And yes, it looks exactly like it does in the photos! We spoke to some of the staff and the children who may need some ESL help. They were amazing kids, so energetic and just love school! Almost impossible to believe if you have been in a school in Australia anytime in the last...well... 25 years. And they are from all over the place, Netherlands, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Japan. Just incredible.

Anyway, we went for lunch at Cafe Moka on Jl. Raya and chatted about what I am going to do to help out at Starfish. I am really keen to get started but it's just about finding what is right for me at this stage. Should hopefully be getting stuck into some curriculum planning tomorrow for intermediate english classes.

Also went to Bintang supermarket in Tjampuhan with one of Dagmaras friend/staff from starfish called Sudi. We got there and then the 3pm rain started so we were stuck there for about half an hour. We jumped back on the bike once it had stopped, but half way through our trip it started to rain again, so we both got saturated. But it was funny. Sudi doesn't speak much english, and I don't speak much Bahasa so it was even funnier. :)

Ok, Dagmara is here. I might write more when I get back, who knows, could be the first drunken blog from me? Going to a reggae bar with Ina tonight so I'm sure it'll be fun! Love to you all xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pleased to hear you have finally experienced some tropical rain.
I guess you haven't had time to jump in the pool yet?
Hope you are not too tired or tipsy to continue with your day's wrap up!
Love Mum